23.6.08

more than 10 years

I read a post yesterday talking about the blogger has not visited Montreal-the place where he used to study, for 10 years. So happen that one of his friends was visiting the States, he then persuaded his friend travel to Montreal to help him "recovering" his memories in Montreal. He eventually got the pictures from his friend, nothing much has changed, he travelled into time machine with those photographs of memories. A place where he used to stay for several years,
for sure the "feelings" are there, and now he can only remembering the past by the photos taken by his friend.

Similarly, when egg told me that she is going to Sydney, I tried to recall my memories when I was there. Perhaps I was too young in 1998, I seriously remember nothing much about the trip. I only remember the Harbour Bridge, lunch on the ship in the middle of Sydney Harbour, wildlife park somewhere in Sydney, a small, narrow hotel room in Sydney, a farm somewhere near Sydney, theme parks in Gold Coast, something should be remembered about Brisbane but what? It seems that I recalled quite a lot of things from the trip 11 years ago, but for me, something is missing. I remember how happy I was and how unwilling I was to go home, but other than that? I remember nothing.

Now that I am in this Aussie land, it is very easy for me to re-visit the place of memory. But that I am terrified by those comments people gave. The comments decreased my interest in re-visiting the place. Well, maybe I should follow what the blogger did. Tell egg to capture photos for me. But, where should I direct her? Only the Harbour Bridge?

No comments: